Sunday, February 15, 2015

You Said It

My heart feels as though it would crumble,
There is a dull ache in my head,
Each word seems a stain on silence,
And my whole being feels heavy as lead;
I told him in pain and anguish
Yet, ‘You Said It’ was all he said.

The world as I knew it is passing,
The change is too much to bear,
Values no longer matter,
And no one seems to care;
Do you feel the same, I questioned
But, ‘You Said It’ was all he said.

My joy seems to last for a moment,
I often lie thinking in bed,
The songs I loved; I hum no longer,
My tears lie buried, unshed;
I am sure you understand, I ventured
And, ‘You Said It’ was all he said.

‘Are you dead?’ I asked him in anger,
You seem unmoved, by all I have said,
You are an observer, unconcerned,
Just watching the world go by instead;
Without a blink he turned to me and whispered
‘How can I? I am the thought in your head!’


No comments:

Post a Comment